||Policies/laws and regulations
||Acceleration of carbon pricing
||- Energy procurement costs increase.
- Competition from low-carbon businesses intensifies toward carbon neutrality.
|- Energy procurement costs stabilize because of increased demand for renewable energy.
- Businesses related to fuel cells, energysaving products, solution services, and energy management expand.
|Accelerated shift to electric vehicles
||- As more firms enter the automotive business, competition intensifies.
- Increased demand for automotive batteries intensifies material procurement competition.
- Higher cost of automotive batteries production reduces car business profitability and pressurize costs of components.
|- Electric vehicle-related markets expand.
||Increased environmental awareness among consumers
||- Insufficient environmental efforts and promotion lead to unsupported by consumers..
- Value shift from purchasing to leasing decreases sales.
|- Recognition as a sustainable company and of sustainable products attracts more customers.
- Businesses related to low-carbon products, eco materials, and energy management expand.
|Increased risk to reputation
||- Insufficient efforts in decarbonization reduce business opportunities.
||- Recognition of environmental technologies and products increases business opportunities.
||Expansion of renewable energy usage
||- Investment in facilities with renewable energy increases.
||- Highly efficient solar cells open new markets.
|Expansion of carbonfree power generation
||- Production energy procurement costs increase.
- Regional disparity of carbon-free power generation lead to review the strategies of production sites.
|- CO2 emissions reduction throughout product lifecycles encourages shift to electric vehicles leading to related market expansion.
|Spread of ZEH/ZEB
||- Low-carbon products in housing equipment become mere commodities.
||- Increased opportunities to provide energy management & total solution services through housing equipment and home appliances.
- Demand for heat insulation materials increases.
|Replacement with lowcarbon products
||- Increases development costs of lightweight and robust materials for competitive lowcarbon products.
||- Increases demand for materials that contribute to reduction of energy consumption.
|Streamlining of supply chain
||- Expanded capital investment puts stress on balance sheet.
||- Demand for energy management systems increase.
- Lowered prices from reduced production costs increase sales.
||Response to depletion of resources
||- Delay in recycling and reuse technologies increases costs.
- Resource recycling does not suit consumers'tastes.
|- Business models change to circular economybased models.
- Demand for recycled resources increases.
||Constant temperature rise
||- Poor health of employees reduces productivity.
- High energy consumption from excess usage of air conditioners puts off consumers.
|- Businesses related to healthcare, air conditioning and ventilation, energy management, housing, and cold chain expand.
||Physical risk management related to climate change
||- Suspension of operations at our factories.
- Negative impact on supply chain.
|- Demand for needs of resilient infrastructure increases.
- Fuel cell business with resilience expands.
- Disaster-resilient manufacturing by managing risks with BCPs.