Toword a new stage, we train ourselves by various measures as well as conducting joint research activities with various universities and research institutions, and creating innovative new products and business models.
We operate Co-creation LABs to promote integration among members from both inside and outside the company, as well as hold "ideathons" and workshops with major companies and venture companies.
- We promote the creation of new products and services with a sense of speed and autonomy by world-class technology and business leaders, mainly in Silicon Valley.
- We promote global innovation and business growth by organic linkage between business, technology, and creativity.
Foreign universities and research institutes
- imec (Belgium)
- MIT (USA)
- Stanford University (USA)
- TNO (The Netherlands)
Japanese universities and research institutes
- We work with over 150 universities and research institutes from all over Japan.
- We have established Panasonic research centers on campuses at The University of Tokyo, Kyoto University, Osaka University, Kyushu Institute of Technology, University of Fukui, and NIMS, and joint researches are carried out.
Collaboration and Co-creation
We move away from self-sufficiency and promote R&D with a focus on speed while building win-win relationships with external partners.
- 2019 Launch of platform to partners
- 2020 Release of new Vieureka camera
- 2021 Release of Starter Kit
- 2022 Carve-out with investment from VC and others
Started business as Vieureka Inc.
* Using IoT camera that can install many kinds of applications, the platform can easily collect, analyze and utilize various image data.
External Activities Including Academic Societies
- Setting up sites in North America, Europe, China, Singapore to promote standardization activities globally
- International Standard : IEC (electrical & energy system), ITU (communication system), ISO (automotive & robotics etc.)
- Forum/Consortium: 3GPP (5G/6G), CSA (IoT), SAE (Connected Car)
- Global government policy : European Commission (Green by Digital), China (new energy car)
Joining in national projects in Japan
- Cabinet Office: Cross-ministerial Strategic Innovation Promotion Program (SIP)
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology：JST* Moonshot Research and Development Program
*JST：Japan Science and Technology Agency
- Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry: NEDO* energy / environmental technology, and industrial technology projects
* NEDO: New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization
- Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications: Research and development for information and communication technolog
Academic Societies and Paper Submissions
- We take on challenges of the world's top-level publications and conferences (Nature, Science, NeurIPS etc.)
R&D Human Resources Development Program
Training Programs for Core-technology Enhancement
- Rank-based Technical Training Programs for Enhancement of Core-technology
- Technology Exchange Workshop in the Company for Cross-value Innovation
Hands-on Growth Programs for Supporting Challengers
- Domestic and International Studying Abroad
- Horizontal Company-wide Resource Exchange