Toword a new stage, we train ourselves by various measures as well as conducting joint research activities with various universities and research institutions, and creating innovative new products and business models.
We operate Co-creation LABs to promote integration among members from both inside and outside the company, as well as hold "ideathons" and workshops with major companies and venture companies.
- We promote the creation of new products and services with a sense of speed and autonomy by world-class technology and business leaders, mainly in Silicon Valley.
- We promote global innovation and business growth by organic linkage between business, technology, and creativity.
Foreign universities and research institutes
- imec (Belgium)
- MIT (USA)
- Stanford University (USA)
- TNO (The Netherlands)
Japanese universities and research institutes
- We work with over 400 universities and research institutes from all over Japan.
- We have established Panasonic research centers on campuses at The University of Tokyo, Kyoto University, Osaka University, Kyushu Institute of Technology, University of Fukui, and joint researches are carried out.
Collaboration and Co-creation
We move away from self-sufficiency and promote R&D with a focus on speed while building win-win relationships with external partners.
Establishment of New Business Creation Schemes（2022）
- Investments in the U.S. Venture Investment Fund "WiL Ventures III, L.P."
- Established Vieureka Co., Ltd., through joint investment
- Make IP information “Intangible Asset" and co-create with partners
External Activities Related to Academic Societies and Industrial Policy
- Setting up sites in North America, Europe, China, Singapore to promote standardization activities globally
- International Standard : IEC (electrical & energy system), ITU (communication system), ISO (automotive & robotics etc.)
- Forum/Consortium: 3GPP (5G/6G), CSA (IoT), WBCSD（Avoided Emission, Carbon Footprint）
- Global government policy : European Commission (Green by Digital), China (new energy car)
Joining in national projects in Japan
- Cabinet Office: Cross-ministerial Strategic Innovation Promotion Program (SIP)
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology：JST* Research and development program of basic research and core technology (Moonshot, CREST, A-STEP etc.)
*JST：Japan Science and Technology Agency
- Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry: NEDO* energy / environmental technology, and industrial technology projects
* NEDO: New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization
- Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications: Research and development for information and communication technolog
Academic Societies and Paper Submissions
- We take on challenges of the world's top-level publications and conferences (Nature, Science, ECCV etc.)
R&D Human Resources Development Program
Training Programs for Core-technology Enhancement
- Rank-based Technical Training Programs for Enhancement of Core-technology
- Technology Exchange Workshop in the Company for Cross-value Innovation
Hands-on Growth Programs for Supporting Challengers
- Domestic and International Studying Abroad
- Horizontal Company-wide Resource Exchange